Last reviewed May 2021
We are committed to equality in everything that we do at Thursby school. This is demonstrated through the following:
- We make sure everyone feels safe and secure
- We treat everyone with fairness and respect at all times
- We recognise that people may have different needs and understand that treating people equally does not necessarily mean treating them all the same one way
- We offer additional support to those who need and make reasonable adjustments so that they can achieve and be their own version of success
- Our decision making involves a variety of stakeholders and with a school council and house captains to support our pupil voice. Parents are offered opportunities to volunteer in school, become a school governor, support school visits and attend our celebrations. We have due regard to equality considerations in our decision making for example: school visits access for those with additional needs; a specific are in school known as the 'Snug' to support those with additional SEND needs and have increased our accessibility in key stage 2 and in Early Years for those with additional needs.
- We offer a strong learning environment for all
- We do not tolerate any form of racism, bullying, abuse of any kind and our policy and procedures are shared and known for managing any incidents that may occur at any time
Revised Vision, Mission, Aims and Values ratified by Governors March 2020
Everyone is inspired to be life-long learners and to achieve our own version of success.
Our children become successful global citizens through embracing challenges, created in a safe, caring, happy and nurturing environment and through a meaningful and inspiring curriculum based on active learning and the development of the whole child.
- To be fully engaged, active and motivated in the challenges of learning in all subjects.
- To be consistent and fair in offering opportunities for all to access in order to be confident learners.
- To build on confidence and resilience by developing the whole child.
- To empower pupils to serve our local and wider community, making positive contributions and taking responsibility for the environment and community we serve.